- Huge growth potential and exciting project portfolio at one of Chicago's top GCs
- Excellent salary, benefits and company culture
About Our Client
Our client is a mid-rise general contractor with offices throughout the United States, with an office in Rosemont, IL. They have an extensive pipeline for both 2022 and 2023. High profile projects with many repeat clients and a high return client rate. Excellent leadership from the top down with very little company turnover.
- Assist Project Manager in all phases of construction
- Writes RFI's, submits for approval and distributes accordingly.
- Reviews and understands the subcontract documents as they apply to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Work with owner/client to provide updates, obtain approvals and complete change orders for scope of work revisions
- Assists with documenting changes; maintains project records, red line transfers and correspondence.
- Ensure all work is done in compliance with OSHA
- Monitor project costs to stay within budget
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
To secure this position, you will be a driven and motivated construction professional with previous experience working on mid-rise projects. Experience in ground up or interiors is flexible.
- 1-4 years of experience working in commercial construction
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Civil Engineering or related field
- Manage administrative construction duties, including document control
- Prepare submittal schedules for approval and distribution
- Assist the Project Manager with change orders, subcontractor scheduling and invoicing, reviewing monthly job costs
- Assist the Superintendent with RFI reports, QA/QC documentation, and construction field operations
- Assist with pre-construction tasks, including estimating and quantification
- Collect and log closeout documents and punch lists
- Proficient in ProCore or BlueBeam
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to grow portfolio
What's on Offer
- Base salary of $65,000 - $78,000, depending on level of experience
- Performance based bonus potential
- Vehicle allowance
- Family oriented company
- Paid Maternity leave
- Paid Paternity leave
- Comprehensive benefits package to include: 401(k), Dental insurance, Employee assistance program, Health insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, Parental leave, Vision insurance
- Referral bonus
- Short term/Long term disability
- Great opportunity to join a reputable brand, and well established company within the growing Chicago market