- Huge growth potential and exciting project portfolio at one of Detroit's top GCs
- Competitive salary and great benefits
About Our Client
Reputable General Contractor located in Detroit, Michigan - primary focus on multifamily, commercial, and industrial construction projects. Due to a strong pipeline, they are immediately seeking the appointment of an experienced and driven construction project engineer to lead multiple projects across Michigan with the project manager.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Assist Project Manager in all phases of construction
- Writes RFI's, submits for approval and distributes accordingly.
- Reviews and understands the subcontract documents as they apply to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Work with owner/client to provide updates, obtain approvals and complete change orders for scope of work revisions
- Assists with documenting changes; maintains project records, red line transfers and correspondence.
- Ensure all work is done in compliance with OSHA
- Monitor project costs to stay within budget
The Successful Applicant
To secure this position, you will be a driven and motivated construction professional with previous experience working on commercial, industrial or multifamily projects. Experience in ground up or interiors is flexible.
- 1-4 years of experience working in commercial construction
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or related field
- Manage administrative construction duties, including document control
- Prepare submittal schedules for approval and distribution
- Assist the Project Manager with change orders, subcontractor scheduling and invoicing, reviewing monthly job costs
- Assist the Superintendent with RFI reports, QA/QC documentation, and construction field operations
- Assist with preconstruction tasks, including estimating and quantification
- Collect and log closeout documents and punch lists
What's on Offer
- Competitive compensation package with bonus opportunities ($60,000 - $70,000 salary offered)
- Excellent health benefits
- 401K with company match
- Opportunity for growth within the Organization
If interested in this Construction Project Engineer position, please apply immediately with resume and project list.