- Extensive Pipeline of Projects
- Competitive Salary, Opportunities for Growth
About Our Client
Our client is a general contractor with a diverse portfolio, that include projects throughout the greater Los Angeles area. The team values collaboration, leading with integrity and employee satisfaction. As an employee centered general contractor, our client has been selected as on of the "best places to work", in the Los Angeels County area. The team is looking to bring on a Project Engineer who has experience working for general contractors. With a solid and diverse pipeline of projects, this Project Engineer will have opportunities for rapid opportunities for growth.
The Project Engineer (PE) is a key team member and responsible for a variety of daily assignments while assisting the project team in the successful completion of their current project. A Project Engineer's responsibilities generally continue through the project's duration and include:
* Solicits and tracks all incoming submittal and shop drawings.
* Distributes and tracks all drawings and specifications to all subcontractors and the Project Superintendent
* Works together with the Project Manager and Superintendent to generate the initial project schedule.
* Monitors the project schedule daily, updates and generates two- and three-week outlooks with the Project Superintendent.
* Assists in preparations, tracking and coordinating of all RFIs/RFPs.
* Supports project estimating in the evaluation of material quantities specified in construction drawings and specifications. * Assists in estimating and analyzing project cost during the bid phase.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
Experience as a GC Project Engineer/Manager or degree in Construction.
* Flexible schedule is essential.
* Microsoft Office 2007 or later.
* Scheduling software experience.
What's on Offer
- Premium PPO health care coverage (100% premium covered for the employee)
- Dental, vision, life insurance
- Company technology (cell phone and computer)
- Gas card and vehicle allowance
- Bonus package