- Developer with over $30M in annual revenue
- $65k-$90k salary with full benefits, vehicle allowance, and high bonus
About Our Client
Our client has been in business over 20 years. They are known to compensate well and treat their employees fairly. Due to a high level of both repeat and new business filling their pipeline through 2026 they are looking to add a Commercial Project Engineer to their growing team.
The key responsibilities of the Commercial Project Engineer are:
- Plan, schedule, or coordinate construction project activities to meet deadlines.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates, progress reports, or cost tracking reports.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to representatives of the owner or developer, including administrative staff, workers, or clients.
- Direct and supervise construction or related workers.
- Prepare contracts or negotiate revisions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, or subcontractors.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, or design professionals to discuss and resolve matters, such as work procedures, complaints, or construction problems.
- Plan, organize, or direct activities concerned with the construction or maintenance of structures, facilities, or systems.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes or other regulations.
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites to ensure that proper construction procedures are being followed.
- Implement new or modified plans in response to delays, bad weather, or construction site emergencies.
- Develop or implement quality control programs.
- Requisition supplies or materials to complete construction projects.
- Determine labor requirements for dispatching workers to construction sites.
- Contract or oversee craft work, such as painting or plumbing.
- Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with environmental regulations.
- Perform, or contract others to perform, pre-building assessments, such as conceptual cost estimating, rough order of magnitude estimating, feasibility, or energy efficiency, environmental, and sustainability assessments.
- Develop or implement environmental protection programs.
- Apply for and obtain all necessary permits or licenses.
- Evaluate construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans, using computer models.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Commercial Project Engineer will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or another related field
- Minimum of five years of construction experience required
- 5+ years of post graduation construction experience preferred but not required
- Five plus years of multifamily construction preferred but not required
- Ready, willing, and able to travel from Metro Detroit to Phoenix, AZ one to two weeks per month (travel paid for by company)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What's on Offer
On offer for the Commercial Project Engineer is:
- A competitive base salary ranging from $85,000 - $95,000 (dependent on applicant experience)
- A yearly bonus plan ranging from 10% - 30% of base salary
- Company vehicle or vehicle allowance
- Fully employer paid health, vision, dental
- Employer 401k match
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Unlimited PTO
- Strong career progression to Director level roles