Construction Project Executive
The Project Executive role is an integral part of the leadership team
Join a company with over 30 years in the industry
About Our Client
This construction company, based in the suburbs of Chicago, has a track record for excellence resulting from a combination of wide-ranging experience, exceptional teamwork, and phenomenal growth. Additionally, our client places a strong emphasis on positive company culture and they want to grow their team with savvy construction professionals.
- Project Portfolio: Railroads/transportation, education, corporation
- Size: Current headcount 35 people
- Project Locations: Chicagoland & Midwest
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Works on the senior management team to develop strategy development; develops and supports company-wide initiatives, best practices and policies within the work program.
- Provides strategic direction to team members in light of broader work program strategic plans across all areas of the project lifecycle.
- Serves as the primary client relationship executive at a leadership level, exhibiting a deep knowledge and understanding of the client. Builds and maintains long-term relationships with new and existing target clients to build new business opportunities and cultivate repeat wins.
- Creates the complete business development strategy to increase work program growth that is aligned with organizational goals by identifying opportunities for new business development. Leverages broad knowledge of client relationships, staff availability and overall market strategy to inform lead/deal qualification, RFP response and ultimately, win strategy.
- Evaluates the competitive environment of the work program, including competitor strengths, vulnerabilities and market fee levels, in order to develop a successful market and business development strategy.
- Leads contract review and negotiation to obtain preferred terms and conditions, mitigate risk and secure maximum margin and revenue.
- Serves as escalation point for all project, financial, business development, contractual and client relationship risks for the work program relative to contractual obligations. Resolves escalated project, staffing, financial, schedule, contractual, subcontractor and client relationship issues throughout project lifecycle.
- Negotiates issue resolution including change orders, contingency expenditures and appropriate fee enhancements. Conducts project risk assessments and escalates various risks to supervisor to provide visibility, mitigate risk and create appropriate solutions.
- Ensures staffing levels are sufficient, relative to contractual commitments, schedules, and constraints. Plans and adapts resource management as needed to ensure proper staffing levels and results.
- Assumes an influential leadership role in community and industry relationship building through networking, representing the organization on boards and serving as the face of the organization to help promote the interests of the company.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelors in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or a related construction field.
- 15+ years of experience within construction
- Lead a team and been apart of the senior leadership
- Project experience: Transportation preferred, but not necessary - open to project types
- Thorough knowledge of project processes and how each supports the successful completion of a project
- Thorough knowledge and application of corporate risk management policies.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team, internally and externally.
What's on Offer
- A competitive base salary between $145,000-$200,000 (Depending heavily on experience)
- Competitive bonus structure, project/profit based.
- Medical insurance including dental (100% coverage for individual and dependents)
- Generous 401K structure (5% match)
- Gas card
- 20 PTO Days, 10 vacation days