- Top 10 Ohio Builder for Commercial & Healthcare builds
- Growth Opportunities to senior management quickly
About Our Client
Acting as one of Ohio's top design build, commercial General Contractors, we have offices throughout the state and can be accommodating when it comes to work/life flexibility. We specialize in healthcare, higher and lower education, light industrial, large commercial and corporate construction. We support a diverse workforce that stimulates innovation, creates opportunities and builds the local economy through more than just construction efforts. As one of the largest Ohio-based construction firms, we believe it is our responsibility to proactively grow our industry and to create meaningful employment opportunities for the people who live here. We've long been a leader in the implementation of minority and resident participation programs, and we are deeply honored to be recognized for our efforts on several occasions.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Set safety, quality, schedule, cost, and owner relationship goals
- Provide input and supervise all pre-construction services such as purchase orders, subcontracts, schedules, job cost set-up and project pre-planning
- Work with the Managing Director obtain the personnel resources required to properly staff the project
- Review project proposal or plans to determine time frame, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project
- Manage all financial aspects of contracts; assure job margin analysis is completed on a regular basis
- Develop baseline project schedule with assistance from Superintendent
- Monitor and report project cost and schedule performance; recommend corrective actions if needed
- Assist Superintendent with problem or conflict resolution; assist in driving subcontractors or work force
- Prepare and manage change orders
- Review and advance pay requests and invoicing
- Review status reports prepared by project personnel and modify schedules or plans as required; prepare project reports for company management, owner or others
- Manage the scope of work and has mastery of the contract documents
- Manage claims; identify and resolve potential claims with subcontractors/suppliers
- Participate in project coordination meetings
- Prepare bid packages from construction documents
- Ensure adherence to insurance, safety, labor relations, EEO and tax regulations
- Monitor and ensure quality control
- Work with Safety Director to ensure jobs have safe working conditions and that safe work practices are in place
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with key owners and architects
- Foster team camaraderie; mentor Superintendents and Project Engineers; assure each person understands their role on the project
- Document best practices to share with other projects; ensure best construction methods are being used
- Direct and ensure timely completion of project close-out activities
- Protect and promote the interests of the Company; ensure all compensation for work performed is received
- Champion skill development of assigned resources through training and performance appraisals
- Communicate and reinforce the company vision, values and goals to division staff
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, or related field
- Five years of managerial and supervisory experience in the construction industry, specifically in the health care industry
- Extensive knowledge of construction methods and materials, costing, scheduling, and estimating
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
- Ability to think ahead and plan over a one-to two-year time span
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level
- Strong customer orientation
- Good computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong team player
- Commitment to company values
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary up to $120K (Completely dependent upon all aspects of experience).
- Dynamic bonus structure
- 401K plan with 6% company match.
- Top benefits (Health, Vision and Dental).
- Life insurance.
- Paternity and Maternity leave.
- PTO up to 3+ weeks starting.
- Paid company holidays and sick leave.
- Paid car mileage.
- Company tech (iPad, cell phone and laptop).
- Excellent company culture and leadership in place.
- Great work/life balance.
- Sky is the limit for growth within the firm.