- $200M+/yr self performing General Contractor with unique projects (data centers)
- Family oriented culture with great benefits package
About Our Client
This general contractor is a family owned business and continues to pave the way for their clients with award winning construction projects. With the current construction market the way it is, they are continuing to win JV projects with large contractors in the area and have completed work in athletic stadiums, local municipal buildings, offices, warehouses and more.
- Project Locations: Mainly Columbus Area
- Family oriented, diverse + inclusive culture
- Solid leadership out of top general contractors
- Hands off management approach
- Strong pipeline of projects through 2023
- Project Portfolio: Light Industrial, Federal, Higher Education, Data Centers
As the Project Manager you will be responsible for:
- Procurement, submittals, creating and maintaining scheduling to ensure an on-time completion, and to work within the budget parameters.
- Reporting updates to the project executive.
- Ability to construct a critical path schedule using scheduling software like Primavera or Suretrac.
- Generate and maintain RFI logs, and submittal logs.
- Coordinate the efforts of all team members, including architect, engineers, consultants, contractors, and property management personnel to successfully achieve goals.
- Identify, engage, and build relationships with capable contractors to ensure safe efficient, timely, and quality of work.
- Seek appropriate value engineering and quality improvement alternatives.
- Create and maintain project budgets.
- Ensure appropriate inspections and quality control of work
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for the role as a Project Manager will have the following skills:
- 5+ years of construction project management experience, light industrial, mission critical and data center experience preferred
- A bachelor degree preferably in construction management, engineering, architecture or related field.
- TI and ground-up experience (Preferably with federal or private project experience)
- Proven track record of effectively and efficiently managing projects
- Experience maintaining and creating a schedule
- Effective communication skills to motivate your team.
- The fortitude to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Multi-tasking with a sense of urgency while maintaining strong attention to detail and accuracy is crucial.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, Suretrack, or Primavera
If you're a Project Manager looking for a challenge and variety in projects, apply immediately.
What's on Offer
- Above Market Base Salary Starting at $100K+
- Health insurance provided by company with a portion of your premiums paid for
- Company truck or vehicle allowance with gas card
- 401k w/ up to 25% match
- Opportunity to be home every night with family
- Company provided technology package including cell phone and laptop
- Growth opportunities