- Established General Contractor with clear advancement opportunities
- High base salary, bonus potential, full benefits and 4 weeks PTO
About Our Client
Our client is a General Contractor that is located in the northern suburbs of Chicago. They have been in the construction industry looking to actively grow their team due to due to the strong backlog of projects for 2022/2023.
- Diverse Project Portfolio: Commercial, Retail, Healthcare, Multi-family, TI
- Revenue: Yearly Revenue $30 M+
- Strong Compensation and Benefits Package
- Car allowance & Phone Allowance
- Great Company Culture and Upward Mobility
- No Outside Travel
- Managing all documentation to ensure the project is compliant, remains on schedule, and remains within budget while monitoring all costs.
- Obtaining, assembling, distributing, and filling all as-built drawings, warranties, certificates of occupancy, and lien releases.
- Scheduling projects in logical steps and budgeting time required to meet deadlines.
- Building and maintaining relationships critical to the success of the overall project and company
- Track and analyze data to reduce gaps between estimates and actual costs.
- Obtain and track subcontract bids and negotiate budgets.
- Prepare and present estimate documentation, including gaps in available data.
- Prepares estimates according to the requirements of multiple delivery systems. Reviews quotes and estimates with the project management team
- Assists with certain post-bid buyouts.
- Initiates and participates in meet and greet presentations with subcontractors and suppliers.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management
- 5-10+ years of experience in Construction, experience managing multiple projects at a time
- TI and ground-up experience in running their own projects
- Experience in commercial or retail projects preferred
- Excellent communication skills with various parties including management, subcontractors, consultants, architects, vendors, and clients.
What's on Offer
- Strong base compensation: $85K - $110K (based heavily on experience)
- Bonus Potential Based on Profit of Projects (Ex. $300K/year is 6%, up to 10%)
- 100% healthcare paid for by the employer
- Flexible PTO/Vacation Days and time off
- Great work/life balance with a team-oriented culture and work environment
- Car Allowance & Phone Allowance