- There are phenomenal opportunities to grow within the company
- Terrific Benefits + Car Allowance + 401K + Laptop Provided
About Our Client
Our client is one of Chicago's largest general contractors. Founded in 1925, last year they brought in over a billion dollars worth of revenue. They are a national company and Chicago is their biggest office with over 100 people in full time staff. Our client does a variety of different projects including light industrial, commercial, multifamily high rise, and luxury residential. Additionally, they offer terrific benefits. 70% of all employees receive a bonus.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Develop and strengthen client relationship.
- Accurately estimates projects from conceptual through construction documents.
- Responsible for overall budgeting / bidding activities on projects.
- Provide initial schedule for estimating and bidding purpose. Assist superintendent with detailed construction scheduling as necessary.
- Negotiate, award, write and enforce contracts.
- Review with superintendent project costs to ensure project is kept within budget.
- Ensure compliance with bond and insurance requirements.
- Maintain subcontractor relationships. Assist with conflict resolution.
- Work with superintendent on job site logistics and schedule.
- Coordinate office support as required for project needs.
- Coordinate all close-out activities on a timely basis.
- Perform additional assignments per client or management direction.
The Successful Applicant
- Four-year construction-related degree or equivalent
- Extensive (4-10 years) experience/knowledge of construction, design, finance, and staff management.
- Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities.
- Superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential.
What's on Offer
- Salaries up to $130K dependent on experience
- Yearly bonuses and raises
- Performance reviews
- Free Healthcare for the individual
- Excellent career growth opportunities - add value immediately!
- Direct communication with the President/ Group Leaders
- Great benefits package with truck allowance, cell phone allowance
- Opportunity to be a part of a growing company with a ton of repeat business
- Work/life balance with flexible hours and autonomy
- Tuition reimbursement for certain classes at local and online classes
- Up to 20 PTO days for certain individuals
- Summer Friday's