- Competitive compensation and excellent benefits package
- Opportunity to work for a fully integrated Developer
About Our Client
Fully integrated Developer who specializes in multifamily, mixed-use, commercial and senior living projects throughout the Chicagoland area with plans to grow into Florida over the next few years. They offer competitive salaries and bonus potential and a great benefits package. Some highlights of the company include:
- Fully integrated developer - development and construction, almost all of their construction projects are developed by themselves
- $200M/year in revenue and 50 people in the company
- Little cost for healthcare/dental/vision for employee
- Mentorship program
- Diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Attend the proposal kick-off meeting.
- Prepare portions of proposals including estimate, schedule and scope documents for review/approval
- Development, confirmation, and tracking of portions of the construction budget
- Prepare cost comparisons and alternates for clients.
- Assist with preparation of preliminary construction schedule in coordination with Project Team.
- Coordinate proposal scope documents and conceptual design for compliance with budget, schedule and program. Confirm that general conditions budget is reflective of project schedule, and logistics plan.
- Follow preconstruction schedule and manage changes via owner meetings.
- Help cordinate preconstruction fees. Assigned fees must cover the total costs consumed by the project, profit, and an appropriate amount for the corresponding risk.
- Review construction documents for compliance with proposed design requirements.
- Review design documents for program compliance, value engineering, and accuracy and constructability @ 30%, 70% and 90%.
- Coordinate all preconstruction activities as directed; i.e. soils report, environmental investigations, surveys, municipal approvals, permits, utilities, etc.
- After development of DD's by Dev team, coordinate plans required for clients, trade partners, field, designers, quality control program, approval agencies, etc.
- Assist with development of the construction schedule with input from the superintendent and prepare for inclusion with the bid documents.
- Complete contract solicitations and negotiations with trade partners i.e. develop bidder's list, prepare invitation to bid, prepare scope of work documents and ensure adequate bid coverage
- Address bidders questions on a timely basis, manage RFI protocol, and issue written clarifications to all trade partners bidding that trade
- Assemble bid binder complete with a bid tabulation that compares the bids to each other and the budget.
- Attend project kick-off meeting.
- Read executed owner contracts and understand company commitments
- Prepare & circulate subcontracts, change orders & owner Change Requests on a timely basis.
- Coordinate lead time requirements w/ Project Team and ensure compliance w/ the project schedule.
- Support Development team or clients' efforts in coordinating permit requirements and confirming that all government requirements are met.
- Direct Project Coordinator to prepare trade partner list, jobsite files and information
- Perform onsite inspections for company schedule, billing & client coordination.
- Maintain construction schedule with Superintendent.
- Maintain quality assurance program with Superintendent.
- Coordinate with Project Engineer to generate the submittal log coordinated with specifications and schedule. Manage Project Engineer to review and track submittals.
- Expedite trade partners to complete on schedule.
- Initiate regular subcontract meetings with all necessary individuals to address job status, schedule and budget, record and distribute minutes.
- Regularly communicate all project requirements to all team members.
- Coordinate shop drawing review and approvals with designers.
- Manage change orders and related costs with trade partners.
- Approve invoices charged against the job and verify amounts as assigned.
- Approve superintendent expenses as relate to the project.
- Prepare monthly owner project reports as assigned and submit to the Director of Construction for review prior to submittal w/ monthly draw.
- Manage project costs via the Project Management report and submit monthly updates to Director of Construction and accounting for review.
- Train PE or APM to accurately and efficiently perform their duties.
- Work with Project Engineer and Superintendents preparation of punch list and coordinate warranty work.
- Confirm that close-out documentation is complete.
- Coordinate assembling operating manuals upon completion include O&M manuals, warranties and As-Built documents.
- Attend project close-out meeting, propose changes to delivery standards where needed and file report.
- Coordinate with Marketing to provide project information summary.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction, Architecture or Civil Engineering preferred
- 4-7 years of experience in residential/commercial construction with an understanding of construction systems, phasing, logistics, scheduling and estimating. Must have experience managing smaller projects with full responsibility/accountability for budget, contracts and turn over.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Excellent leadership, organizational and managerial skills
If you fit these qualifications, apply for consideration with 24 hours.
What's on Offer
Upon offer, you would receive:
- Competitive compensation up to $110,000
- Bonus potential up to 10%
- Major medical, hospital, vision and dental / orthodontia insurance
- FSA Account
- Commuter benefits
- Group Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Salary Deferral Plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Program
- 10 paid holidays per year
- 17 PTO days to start
- Mentorship program