Construction Project Manager (Suburbs)
Project Manager on ground up construction projects
Exposure to development and training programs
About Our Client
This construction company, based in the suburbs of Chicago, has a track record for excellence resulting from a combination of wide-ranging experience, exceptional teamwork, and phenomenal growth. Additionally, our client places a strong emphasis on positive company culture and they want to grow their team with savvy construction professionals.
- Project Portfolio: Ground up multifamily, multifamily interiors and renovations
- Size: Current headcount 50 people, been around for over 27 years
- Project Locations: Chicagoland
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the entire scope of work, including plans, specifications, logistics, materials, equipment, submittal and other requirements.
- Coordinate subcontractors and manage on-site production.
- Prepare and maintain a three-week look-ahead schedule for all activities on the job site; submit to Project Manager and/or Prime contractor weekly.
- Facilitate company safety program (job site safety inspections, weekly safety meetings, etc.).
- Maintain daily reports to submit to Project Manager and or Prime contractor daily.
- Review and adhere to project schedule.
- Maintain project photos of all phases and features of work.
- Maintain entire job site in neat and orderly manner. Assure good housekeeping practices are employed in all areas.
- Manage quality control by confirming that all equipment and material installed is what was submitted by subcontractor.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management
- 5+ years of experience in Construction
- Working knowledge of skilled trades including carpentry, masonry, concrete work, site excavation and grading, plumbing, fire protection, HVAC, and electrical.
- Working knowledge of commercial construction technology and details. Candidate must be extremely proficient reviewing and understanding all construction documents including specifications and drawings
- Excellent communication skills with various parties including management, subcontractors, consultants, architects, vendors, and clients.
What's on Offer
- A competitive base salary between $80,000-$95,000 (Depending on Experience)
- Competitive bonus structure, project/profit based. Typically between $8,000-$15,000 in the first year)
- Medical insurance including dental (100% coverage for individual and dependents)
- Generous 401K structure (5% match)
- Gas card
- 20 PTO Days, 10 vacation days