Construction Project Manager
USD100,000 - USD200,000
Commercial General Contractor in NYC seeking a Project Manager
Commercial interior experience in New York required
About Our Client
Established New York General Contractor who has a strong project pipeline is looking for a Commercial Project Manager.
- Generate and maintain project schedules.
- Create two week look ahead schedule for client meetings.
- Attend regular meetings with clients and landlords.
- Attend regular internal project meetings.
- Ensure proper permits are secured and posted.
- Manage Project Superintendent, Assistant Project Manager, and Project Administrator performance and deadlines.
- Initiate change orders throughout a project. Communicate change order information to Executive Project Manager for client meetings.
- Ensure all projects are completed and closed out 100% by client standards and Department of Buildings regulations.
- Provide percentage of work completed by sub-contractors to Executive Project Managers for sign off and to Accounting for payment.
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion
- Review projects in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors
- Select tools, materials and equipment and track inventory
- Meet contractual conditions of performance
- Review the work progress on daily basis
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Analyze, manage and mitigate risks
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
- Working Knowledge of New York City Department of Buildings Forms
The Successful Applicant
- Have 5-7 years of experience working on commercial interior construction projects
- Availability to manage team and work with subcontractors
- Communicate and collaborate with Superintendent to maintain accurate project schedule
- Execute each project phase: pre-construction, planning, executing and post-construction services
- Develop purchasing schedule
- Collaborate with estimating and purchasing in set up of projects to insure profitability and client satisfaction
- Effectively communicate with field members
What's on Offer
- Competitive package (base + bonus)
- Excellent benefits