Construction Project Manager
Great opportunity for growth
Competitive compensation package
About Our Client
Private Equity Investment firm
* Read and understand construction documents including plans/specifications, submittals, shop drawings to develop a comprehensive understanding of the project scope of work requirements. * Coordinate and lead a team of professional design and engineering consultants keeping them on budget and schedule.
* Familiarity with NYC permit expediting process/requirements
* Budget and estimate projects to develop and accurate understanding of project costs.
* Provide monthly financial reporting updates.
* Create critical path schedules covering design/permitting/construction and track project performance.
* Create Requests For Proposals and perform bidding/leveling and recommendations for contract awards.
* Create AIA contracts.
* Ability to abstract insurance requirements from documents and ensure contractors provide proper policies and certificates.
* Construction coordination of contractors and vendors. Quality control of work being put in place.
* Review payment applications. Negotiate change order proposals.
* Project closeout. Ensure all as-builts, warranties, final lien waivers, etc are received and correct.
* Exceptional record keeping.
* Tenant Coordination. Ability to read leases and interact with tenants. Review tenant plans to confirm they meet lease requirements.
* Have an eye for job site safety and cleanliness * Oversee third party property managers and vendors to make sure the buildings are being managed appropriately
* Working comprehension of MS office and construction project management software
The Successful Applicant
* Intelligent detail oriented analytical mind * Great organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize company and project requirements
* Personable with outstanding communication and negotiation skills
* Hard worker that is relentless on following up on important issues
* Team player with leadership abilities
* 5-7 years as a Construction Project Manager with experience performing commercial and multifamily capital improvement and renovation projects including: lobbies, MEPS system upgrades, elevator modernization, building envelope (facades/windows/roofs), bathrooms, tenant improvement fit outs, unit conversions, amenities spaces. * Ground up experience is a plus.
* BSc/BA in Construction Management or related engineering field.
* PMP or equivalent certification will be an advantage
What's on Offer
- Competitive compensation package