Construction Project Manager
About Our Client
This client is a national commercial contractor that specializes in hotel projects and commercial properties throughout Southern California. They believe the hallmark of their success is grounded in our dedication to consistently delivering our clients' projects on time and under budget, with honesty, integrity, and a great deal of emphasis on client satisfaction.
The project manager will be responsible for the following tasks in San Diego:* Management of all project team members including: senior project engineer, project engineers, superintendents, and field office coordinator
* Mentor, develop and train project engineers for fast-paced growth
* 100% detail oriented
* Prepare and follow up on RFI's.
* Cost control/billings/collections/change management/cash flows/monthly status reports
* Key point of contact with owner and architect.
* Accountable for project completion and financials, critical success factors, and customer satisfaction results.
* Coordinate and manage the execution of planning and scheduling of projects.
The Successful Applicant
The successful project manager in San Diego will have:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Ability to create and support team morale.
- Demonstrated understanding of building processes and systems.
- Work scope requires complete understanding of cost estimating, budgeting and forecasting.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, project management software (Prolog or similar), accounting cost management software (CMIC or similar), and scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
- Minimum of 5 years of construction project management experience, with 2-3 years of experience specifically in commercial interiors.
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering or related field.
- A strong work ethic and a 'can-do' attitude.
What's on Offer
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for entire family
- 401k matching
- Flexible Vacation Days and PTO
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Competitive Salary with Annual Bonuses
- Positive company culture and work/life balance