Construction Project Manager
Opportunity with an established General Contractor in Southern California.
Exceptional training, benefits, and opportunity for growth.
About Our Client
This client has constructed a wide variety of projects ranging from commercial high-rise, manufacturing facilities, hotels, mixed-use developments and state of the art offices. This client is known for offering an umbrella of construction services which has brought it recognition throughout the world.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Responsible for all aspects of the construction project
- Responsible for all staff members working on the construction project
- Responsible for quality of construction
- Responsible for keeping project in compliance of all state and federal laws, ADA, SWPPP, OSHA, etc.
- Coordinates Construction Document using staff
- Responsible for schedule preparation & review
- Manage RFI and submittal process using staff
- Develops and maintains project progress photographs and required photographs/videos for dispute/claim documentation using staff
- Responsible for project budget and cost tracking, including logging and tracking PCOs through resolution
- Determining the validity of contractor's and subcontractor's requests for change orders
- Manages the Daily Construction Report process using staff
- Leads weekly project meeting with owner and consultants, issuing timely meeting minutes for same
- Manage commissioning and final inspection using staff
- Coordinates the development and resolution of punch lists
- Manages the project closeout process using staff
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 10+ years of construction experience
- Detailed understanding of the plan check and permitting process
- Must have experience with sourcing subcontractors and negotiating subcontract terms
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all project stake holders
- Must have an understanding of construction equipment and applications on the job site
What's on Offer
- Health Insurance
- Dental, vision, life insurance
- Company technology (cell phone and computer)
- Gas card and vehicle allowance
- Bonus package