- Opportunity to join a well respected national company offering growth potential
- Excellent company culture and compensation package
About Our Client
Michael Page has partnered with one of the top national commercial developers. Established over a decade ago, they are a large developer who opened their Chicago office doors over 100 years ago. They offer enormous growth potential as they are looking to bring in talented construction professionals to fill out their team. Priding themselves on their diverse projects, they have managed to implement a portfolio that has led to national recognition. They focus on large scale commercial projects up to $100M, with an extremely strong forecast of projects in the Chicago-land area in upcoming years.
- Communicating directly with on-site staff including the Superintendent and Subcontractors to go over full details of project cost, staffing for individual projects, as well as scheduling.
- Proactively identify design deficiencies, schedule concerns, and other project specific issues
- Attain a thorough and complete understanding of the Prime Contract, all subcontracts, the drawings, and specifications
- Enforce safety protocols to ensure job site consistently meets or exceeds OSHA safety standards
- Maintain appropriate documentation throughout the project including change order logs, RFI logs, and submittal lots.
- Have a thorough understanding of interpreting plans and specs for building and construction
- Communicate daily with owners, tenant reps, construction managers, and superintendents
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager with a general contractor or developer
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Architecture or a related field is required
- Strong oral and written communication skills are critical to succeed as a Commercial Project Manager
- The ability to work in a fast paced work environment
- Strong track record with client relationships
- Proficient in ProCore, Bluebeam
- Desire to mentor APM's and other team members
What's on Offer
- Base salary of $100,000 - $130,000, depending on experience
- Performance based bonus potential
- Vehicle allowance
- Family oriented company
- Paid Maternity leave
- Paid Paternity leave
- Competitive family health insurance plans
- Referral bonus
- Short term/Long term disability
- 401k plan with company contributions
- Great opportunity to join a reputable brand, and well established company within the growing Chicago market