- Room for Advancement
- Competitive Base Salary and Benefit Package
About Our Client
Our client was founded and remains grounded on principles of honesty and working in a safe and unified manner that achieves predictable, quality results. The concept of Constructing with Integrity perfectly integrates their values with how they do business. Our client's employees have the opportunity to not only grow in their professional careers but take part in meaningful work with a diverse group of clients and industries.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Construction Project Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the preparation of estimates for the project.
- Prepares project budgets and unit cost reports.
- Leads the project team in preparing the project management plan (PMP).
- Organizes and conducts pre-award and pre-construction meetings.
- Participates in the negotiation and preparation of project subcontracts.
- Participates in obtaining permits and resolving other regulatory requirements as necessary.
- Prepares a project schedule and develops milestones necessary to successfully complete the project in concert with the project superintendent.
- Obtains plans and specifications and determines their completeness and consistency.
- Assists business development personnel as requested.
- Plans the successful execution of the construction contract.
- Manages project materials and equipment procurement within the project's budget constraints and consistent with the project delivery schedule.
- Negotiates owner and subcontractor change orders and manages the resulting cost and profit impact.
- Develops the monthly client pay requests and follows up on collection.
- Controls the payment of job costs based on document review and approval. Coordinates with the job cost accountant for payments and lien releases.
- Participates in monthly job cost reviews to declare project status.
- Attends and documents owner and other coordination meetings.
- Coordinates all final close out procedures for the project including as-built drawings, close out, letter of substantial completion, and letter of recommendation.
- Interacts with Estimating to provide project cost information for the estimating database.
- Directs organization and preparation of all project documents for storage.
- Participates in PM training.
- Maintains relationships with vendors, owners, architects, community and state officials and the general public.
The Successful Applicant
Construction Project Manager Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, construction management or related field, or the equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum of 4+ years project management experience.
- Has an in-depth knowledge of commercial construction processes.
- Understands estimating concepts to the level required to verify bids, understand market rates, and to process change orders, etc.
- Understands contractual language and concepts and how to protect the company while providing quality service to the client.
- Understands building codes and other design requirements to the extent necessary for the project.
- Reads and understands plans, blueprints, and specifications.
- Knows how to use effective interpersonal communication skills such as sensitivity and discernment.
- Effective team member
- Skilled at making verbal presentations. Demonstrates poise and mastery of language.
- Knows how to present a professional demeanor in dress and speech. Makes a positive impression on customers.
- Has strong negotiation skills.
- Knows how to analyze data and use the analysis to solve problems.
- Self-starter. Works independently
- Community service participation preferred.
- Ability to speak basic Spanish commands, questions, and instructions regarding construction preferred.
What's on Offer
Construction Project Manager Offer:
Medical with HSA option, Dental, Vision, PTO, Company Vehicle, 401K with match, Company Stock Program, and more.