Construction Senior Estimator
Exciting Construction Projects in Downtown Detroit
Industry Leading Construction Services Company seeking Senior Estimator
About Our Client
One of the clear leading Construction General Contractors for commercial projects in Detroit, my client has been contracted for ground up and interior Industrial, Retail, Multi-Family Residential and Mixed-Use construction projects all over greater Detroit.
- Work closely with the estimating team developing material supplier invite list, and subcontractor list
- Compile liability, bonding info, and builders risk
- Prepares RFI's and reviews RFI's before order submission
- Creation of detailed estimate summary sheets by CSI code or the unit price item number
- Reviews construction subcontractor and material supplier coverage before bid day to ensure coverage
- Prepare a project schedule that can be used for pricing and communication with subcontractors and suppliers
- Review and understand all construction project documents and aspects of project, and visits project site
- Receives quotes from construction estimating team and analyzes them for completeness and enters them into the estimate
- Responsible for submitting bids and analyzing risk of the project while recommending the overhead and profit amount
- Participate as requested in contract awards by negotiating scope, terms and price
- At construction project completion, participate in project review and reflect lessons learned in future estimates.
- Seek new subcontractor and suppliers and maintain relationships with existing.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelors in construction management or engineering
- Minimum 7-10 years construction experience with an industrial or commercial GC
- Sound knowledge of Excel, Timberline, and suretrack
- Team player, strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to handle a high pressure environment with tight deadlines
What's on Offer
- A genuine strong performing construction general contractor with a pipeline of repeat business which will keep you busy for the foreseeable future.
- Strong reputation in the construction market and the opportunity to work with an excellent leadership team.
- $110,000+ salary
- Bonus based on individual performance
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield Healthcare