Construction Senior Project Manager (Biotech and Life Science)
Opportunity with an established General Contractor in Southern California.
Exceptional benefits package, bonus potential, and opportunity for growth.
About Our Client
This client is a general contractor who's primary objective is to provide an exceptional experience for their clients, partners, and most importantly the team that makes it all happen! Integrity, innovation, and leadership are pillars of thier business. This company is known for being dymanic, versitle and taking great pride in their work and employees!
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Must be able to lead a team from conceptual phase of a project to completion and close out.
- Must have experience with leading one or more teams simultaneously, in such a manner that both the customer and the company are successful, in terms that are clearly established on a job-by-job basis.
- Lead pre-construction efforts for potential and secured work.
- Set up the customer relationship so that the costs of safety are accepted, that the schedule will accommodate safe operations, and that the right subcontractors can be selected.
- Ensure projects are completed, inclusive of "punchlist" work, on or before the contract completion date.
- Ensure projects are built in accordance with the plans and specs that are approved by the Owner and Architect/Engineers.
- Responsible for steadily increasing the skills and competencies of project teams under their supervision in all aspects of their work.
- Responsible for clearly establishing customer expectations at the beginning of the relationship and insuring that these expectations are met or exceeded.
- Provide leadership, mentorship and management for their project teams in customer relationships, company business development, estimating, pre-construction, project management, project execution, field operations and team building.
- Completely responsible for the success of the projects under their supervision and the relationship between the company and the customer.
- Coordinate with the Business Development Team and the PX Team to determine the estimate date, the type of estimate required, the form of estimate or proposal, and the final presentation of the estimate.
- Responsible for the execution of the projects assigned to them, which includes but is not limited to: setting project goals, ensuring timely buyout, submittal administration with all material being delivered on time, and attending weekly OAC meetings on a regular basis to ensure that construction is being executed in accordance with the project goals and within the Owner's and the company's expectations.
The Successful Applicant
- 11+ years of construction experience
- Detailed understanding of the plan check and permitting process
- Must have experience with sourcing subcontractors and negotiating subcontract terms
- Strong negotiation & leadership skills for internal and external purposes
- Ability and motivation to inspire/develop team members
- Thourough understanding of accounting, financial statements, job cost, and cash flow
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including: health, vision, & dental insurance + vacation & sick time, 401(k) with match and more.