- $100k-$130k salary with competitive benefits and high bonus opportunity
- A General Contractor known for their repeat clients and exceptional quality
About Our Client
Our client is a general contractor/construction manager located in Novi with construction projects throughout Metro Detroit and the midwest. As a well-established company, their commitment to employee success is excellent. They are looking for a strong Construction Senior Superintendent to join the team. After learning the ropes of the senior superintendent position candidates will be promoted into a general superintendent position, and after this candidates will have the option to pursue project manager or operations manager responsibilities.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The key responsiblities of the Construction Senior Superintendent are:
- Coordinate the work of all construction substrates in conjunction with the main office.
- Arrange, monitor, and be present for agency inspections.
- Review shop drawings and other reports prepared by testing and inspection agencies
- Prepare and monitor RFI's.
- Prepare daily report forms and progress photographs.
- Working knowledge familiarity with computer operating systems including Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel; and opening, preparing, scanning, printing, and sending PDF files and other documents.
- Actively engage superintendents, subcontractors, project managers, project engineers, and local officials, when needed, to problem solve, mitigate conflicts, and resolve disputes.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly job site; and enforce job site safety standards.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Construction Senior Superintendent candidate will have:
- Construction Management or other relevant Bachelor's Degree such as architecture or civil engineering
- 1-3+ year's experience in high-end commercial construction
- Must be proficient in reviewing and understanding all construction documents including specifications and drawings
- Excellent communication skills with various parties including management, subcontractors, consultants, architects, vendors, and clients
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Willing to take on multiple responsibilities and complete a variety of tasks to complete projects on time
What's on Offer
On offer for the Construction Senior Superintendent are:
- $100,000 - $130,000 base salary (dependent on applicant experience)
- Company vehicle or vehicle allowance
- Profit sharing and yearly bonus ranging from 10%- 30% of base salary
- Employer 401k Match
- Fully employer paid health, vision, and dental insurance
- 4 Weeks of Paid Vacation and 11 paid company holidays
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunity to work on a variety of projects
- Clear progression goals
- Clear communication, great work environment
- Excellent reputation in the industry