- Company truck on day one, base salary up to $125K, high bonuses
- Oversee a diverse project portfolio of high profile projects in Milwaukee
About Our Client
- Founded back in 1936 - since growing to be a $300M industry leader throughout the Midwest
- Have a head count of over 120 employees, with a HQ in Fon Du Lac and offices in Madison, Milwaukee, and La Crosse.
- Have a diverse project portfolio including Arts & Entertainment, Government work, Corporate, Education, Healthcare, Hospitality, Multi-family, Industrial, Mixed-use, and Retail.
- Self-perform all work.
- Have award winning leadership in place with an extremely collaborative culture.
- Great work/life balance. All employees work fair hours.
- Thoroughly understand all project specifications, the contract's general conditions and confirm all materials and subcontract work comply with contract documents and quality specifications.
- Responsible for execution of the established schedule and ensure consistent follow-up and communication on progress with project managers and owners.
- Organize, coordinate, and supervise the work of the Foreman and employees on the job site.
- Determine work priorities, estimates manpower needs, and assigns work activities among employees according to abilities or specialized training.
- Coordinate and track job-site materials, equipment and subcontractors.
- Manage all labor costs related to project. Meets construction budget by monitoring project expenditures, identifying variances and implementing corrective actions.
- Ensure employees are trained on work standards, duties of job, job site rules, safety standards and regulations.
- Complete and maintain project documents including equipment maintenance reports, activity logs, safety reports and time keeping records.
- Lead inspection of day to day construction work to enforce conformity to specifications of contract.
- Responsible the quality control of the site / project.
- Act as an adviser on job related problems.
- Manage employee performance and disciplines as needed.
- Responsible for creating a culture that values safety, health and cleanliness.
- Ensure project closeout process is finalized, demobilize all resources, and transition project to the owner along with the Project Manager
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Associate Degree in Construction Management or similar field, or a Journeyman status in a building trade, or a combination of high school diploma with relevant experience and related certifications, AND,
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the construction industry on complex projects, AND,
- Minimum 3 years of direct supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of a wide range of construction materials, methods, and techniques.
- Must be capable of reading and comprehending blueprints and specifications for institutional, commercial and industrial projects.
- Ability to develop Relationships with key stakeholder, such as owners, subcontractors, project managers, field employees
- Solid understanding of project cost analysis.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, Email and other software used in the construction industry.
- Ability to travel and work in remote locations.
What's on Offer
- Base salary up to $125,000 based upon experience
- Both company and personal bonuses
- 401K with company match
- Full benefits (Health, Vision, Dental)
- Life Insurance
- Long and Short term disability
- Paternity and Maternity leave
- PTO up to 3+ weeks starting
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Choice of company vehicle or car allowance
- Company tech (iPhone, iPad and laptop)
- Annual reviews with leadership