Construction Superintendent - Champaign, IL
Well established general contractor in Central Illinois
Great benefits and overall package with generous base salary
About Our Client
One of Central Illinois' most respected General Contractors is looking to bring a strong Construction Superintendent on board for their Champaign team. They primarily focus on large-scale commercial construction, so having experience with projcets valued $20mm and up is a must.
They are a well-established General Constractor handling a wide variety of commercial construction projects in Central Illinois. They have a reputation of producing high quality work, meeting project deadlines, respecting project budgets, and being easy to work with. Our client is passionate about earning business the right way through cultivating lasting relationships with their developers. Focusing mainly on K-12, higher education, healthcare, and commercial projects consisting of ground-up builds, renovations, and TI work. Well-known in the market for low staff turnover and quick progression into leadership positions. Due to the company's success in recent years, high-performing employees have received generous and higher than average bonuses.
The Superintendent candidate will be responsible for:
- Obtaining permits and ordering materials.
- Coordinate with assigned Project Manager to set-up and monitor the construction schedule.
- Taking action to mitigate and resolve and results of delays, bad weather or project site emergencies.
- Knowledge of job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Building and maintaining relationships critical to the success of the overall project and company.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this position, you should meet the following requirements:
- 4-15 years of construction supervision experience
- Project experience valued $20 million and up
- Minimum of journeyman carpenter
- Must be proficient in reviewing and understanding all construction documents including specifications and drawings
- Excellent communication skills with various parties including management, subcontractors, consultants, architects, vendors and clients
- Computer literate
- Willing to take on multiple responsibilities and complete a variety of tasks to complete projects on time
What's on Offer
Offering a competitive salary, up to $130,000 based on experience. Their package includes full benefits: healthcare, car, bonus, 401K match. Additionally, the opportunity to work on a skilled team of driven & like-minded individuals. A clear and structured career development plan will be presented to the successful candidate. Regular performance reviews and salary reviews are conducted on a quarterly basis.