Construction Superintendent - Chicago
Work for a reputable Chicago general contractor
Report directly into the President of the company
About Our Client
Our client is a reputable Chicago general contractor that specializes in restaurant and retail construction. They have been in the industry for over 20 years and rapidly growing. Their pipeline is extremely steady due to their outstanding relationships with their clients. If you are looking for the opportunity to be a leader within a successful general contractor, this is a great opportunity for you!
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The key responsibilities of the Superintendent:
- Work directly with the project managers to prepare schedules, organize the structure, select staff, and handle the construction equipment.
- Direct and control the project to ensure specifications and guidelines are met.
- Contact, schedule and coordinate all subcontractors, suppliers, and utilities.
- Assist in the activities of the project manager/engineer.
- Maintain a safe job site
- Hold job site meetings with project managers and the regional manager.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Superintendent:
- Ground Up Experience
- Knowledge of Software and Technology
- Self Motivated
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Excellent Problem Solving Skills
- Strong Reputation for working well with Subcontractors
What's on Offer
What is on offer for the Superintendent:
- Base salary up to $100k + bonus depending on experience
- Longevity and growth in the company
- Complete autonomy while running projects