- Superintendent role with potential for ownership in projects
- $80k-$125k salary with vehicle allowance, yearly bonus, and profit sharing
About Our Client
Our client is a developer, general contractor, and property management firm. This opportunity as a Construction Superintendent will sit within their general contracting arm of the business. They Design/Build commercial and industrial projects throughout Metro Detroit.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The key responsibilities of the Construction Superintendent:
- Inspect work progress, equipment, or construction sites to verify safety or to ensure that specifications are met.
- Read specifications, such as blueprints, to determine construction requirements or to plan procedures.
- Supervise, coordinate, or schedule the activities of construction or extractive workers.
- Assign work to employees, based on material or worker requirements of specific jobs.
- Coordinate work activities with other construction project activities.
- Estimate material or worker requirements to complete jobs.
- Analyze worker or production problems and recommend solutions, such as improving production methods or implementing motivational plans.
- Order or requisition materials or supplies.
- Train workers in construction methods, operation of equipment, safety procedures, or company policies.
- Locate, measure, and mark site locations or placement of structures or equipment, using measuring and marking equipment.
- Confer with managerial or technical personnel, other departments, or contractors to resolve problems or to coordinate activities.
- Arrange for repairs of equipment or machinery.
- Provide assistance to workers engaged in construction or extraction activities, using hand tools or other equipment.
- Record information, such as personnel, production, or operational data on specified forms or reports.
- Suggest or initiate personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, or hires.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Construction Superintendent:
- Construction Management, Architecture, or Relevant Degree
- 4+ years as a construction project superintendent
- Ground-up experience is a must
- Design-build experience a plus
- Experience working on $1M-$15M projects
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or a related field preferred
- Client driven
What's on Offer
What is on offer to the Construction Superintendent:
- A competitive base salary of $80k - $125k+ dependent on experience
- Potential for bonuses up to 20% of base salary
- Company 401k match of 8%
- Fully employer-paid health, vision, and dental insurance
- Opportunity for flexible work schedules
- Paths available to Senior Superintendent and Operation Manager roles
- Completely local project pipeline