- $100k-$125k salary with competitive benefits and high bonus opportunity
- Construction Super role with top MI GC w/ stable pipeline
About Our Client
Our client has been in business for over 50 years. Their project pipeline is very diverse, with upcoming projects including commercial, multifamily, industrial, retail, healthcare, and education. Due to high demand for their building services they are seeking a Superintendent Construction to join their growing field leadership team.
The key responsibilities of the Superintendent Construction:
- Inspect work progress, equipment, or construction sites to verify safety or to ensure that specifications are met.
- Read specifications, such as blueprints, to determine construction requirements or to plan procedures.
- Supervise, coordinate, or schedule the activities of construction or extractive workers.
- Assign work to employees, based on material or worker requirements of specific jobs.
- Coordinate work activities with other construction project activities.
- Estimate material or worker requirements to complete jobs.
- Analyze worker or production problems and recommend solutions, such as improving production methods or implementing motivational plans.
- Order or requisition materials or supplies.
- Train workers in construction methods, operation of equipment, safety procedures, or company policies.
- Locate, measure, and mark site locations or placement of structures or equipment, using measuring and marking equipment.
- Confer with managerial or technical personnel, other departments, or contractors to resolve problems or to coordinate activities.
- Arrange for repairs of equipment or machinery.
- Provide assistance to workers engaged in construction or extraction activities, using hand tools or other equipment.
- Record information, such as personnel, production, or operational data on specified forms or reports.
- Suggest or initiate personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, or hires.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Superintendent Construction:
- Construction Management, Architecture, or Relevant Degree
- 10+ years experience
- 4+ years as the lead project superintendent
- Ground-up experience is a must
- Design-build experience a plus
- Traveling required. There will be a project in Traverse City for the next 2-3 years
- Experience working on $1M-$15M projects
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or a related field preferred
- Client driven
What's on Offer
What is on offer to the Superintendent Construction:
- Base salary ranging from $100,000 - $125,000+ dependent on applicant experience
- Potential for large bonuses ranging from 10%-30% of base salary
- Employer 401k match
- Company health, vision, and dental insurance provided
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Company vehicle or car allowance
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paths to senior leadership
- A diverse portfolio of projects