- Growing GC, great culture, stable leadership
- Minneapolis based position
About Our Client
Our client is a General Contractor, Real Estate Developer, and Property Manager based in Southern Minnesota, with a growing satellite office in the Uptown area of Minneapolis.
- Revenue is steadily increased (2018 was $25M/year, projected to do $40M this year)
- Their portfolio includes all commercial building types including office, industrial, educational, religious, multi-family, and historical
- 16 employees
- Projects include a $22M Mixed use development in the metro
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Assist in the development of the Master Project Schedule.
- Schedule all trade & manpower activities for efficient work flow.
- Attend pre-bid meetings & walk-throughs, as required.
- Attend trade contractor scope reviews prior to trade award.
- Track long lead items & material procurement.
- Enforce all OSHA safety rules.
- Prepare & distribute focus schedules.
- Coordinate all required inspections (municipal, material, etc.).
- Identify schedule slippage & provide a recovery plan.
- Prepare & distribute detailed Daily Construction Reports (DCRs).
- Host weekly subcontractor coordination meetings & provide detailed meeting minutes.
- Hold start-up meetings with subcontractors to review scope of work, schedule & safety requirements.
- Support logistics planning.
- Manage QA / QC program, including inspecting & approving the work product.
- Assist in the preparation of RFIs, providing recommended solutions for consideration.
- Seek opportunities to enhance project efficiency.
- Manage efficient & timely project close-out including punch list completion, as-built review, attic stock demobilization, etc.
- Maintain current OSHA required certifications (30-hour, CPR, scaffold, etc.
The Successful Applicant
- 2+ years of experience in Construction
- TI and ground-up experience (Preferably with diverse project experience)
- Easy going, self-motivated
- Proficient in the entire Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel, Project)
- Proven track record of effectively and efficiently managing job sites
- Strong management ability
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary between $85,000-$120,000, depending on project experience and skills
- Bonus Opportunity (Based on project performance, once profit is met, there is a 10% pay out)
- Health Benefits-COMPANY PAYS 100% for Employee and dependents
- Vehicle allowance ($500/month)
- Profit sharing (up to 15%)
- PTO-15 days with paid holidays