Construction Superintendent (Renovations & Interiors)
Firm was recently awarded 2 $50M plus projects
Superintendent on renovation/interior projects
About Our Client
They are a leading General Contractor within the Chicagoland area and have a focus on municipal, government, education, multifamily and aviation projects - with over 65% repeat business. During COVID-19 they have not had to resort to laying off or furloughing employees. They have been picking up new work and due to this have a need to bring on a Superintendent. There is a tremendous opportunity to grow within this company and gain exposure to high-level projects throughout Chicago.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the entire scope of work, including plans, specifications, logistics, materials, equipment, submittal and other requirements.
- Coordinate subcontractors and manage on-site production.
- Prepare and maintain a three-week look-ahead schedule for all activities on the job site; submit to Project Manager and/or Prime contractor weekly.
- Facilitate company safety program (job site safety inspections, weekly safety meetings, etc.).
- Maintain daily reports to submit to Project Manager and or Prime contractor daily.
- Review and adhere to project schedule.
- Maintain project photos of all phases and features of work.
- Maintain entire job site in neat and orderly manner. Assure good housekeeping practices are employed in all areas.
- Manage quality control by confirming that all equipment and material installed is what was submitted by subcontractor.
The Successful Applicant
- B.S. in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or a related field
- 3+ years of experience working on renovation/interior construction projects or ground up
- Project experience should include: commercial, health care, or multifamily
- Technology savvy, understanding of construction software (MS office, Procore, Bluebeam, etc.)
- Strong communication skills and ability to handle any issues that arise on site
- Experience managing multiple subcontractors on projects
What's on Offer
- A competitive base salary between $70,000-$85,000 (Depending on Experience)
- Competitive bonus structure, project/profit based. Typically between $8,000-$15,000 in the first year)
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401K + match
- Car allowance + gas card
- 20 PTO Days, 10 vacation days