Construction Superintendent (Union Contractor)
Project/Metric Based Bonus Opportunity
High Profile Clients
About Our Client
Our client is a is a full service General Contractor working with a variety of private clients throughout the MSP. Located in downtown Minneapolis, they have been around for more than 100 years.
- 90% of their focus is on the Commerical Tenant Improvement space (Class A & Class B Office space, Mall of America, etc.)
- With revenue around $50M/year, they are building out a ground up division which should add an additional $25M/year by 2021
- Every employee has direct interaction with ownership
- AMAZING health insurance benefits - FREE TO EMPLOYEE!
- They have paid bonuses to every employee, every year, for the past 10 years
- Cutting-edge projects, with high profile clients
- Oversee 5-10 Tenant Improvement projects, ranging from $1000k-$10M
- Assist in the development of the Master Project Schedule.
- Schedule all trade & manpower activities for efficient work flow.
- Attend pre-bid meetings & walk-throughs, as required.
- Attend trade contractor scope reviews prior to trade award.
- Track long lead items & material procurement.
- Enforce all OSHA safety rules.
- Prepare & distribute focus schedules.
- Coordinate all required inspections (municipal, material, etc.).
- Identify schedule slippage & provide a recovery plan.
- Prepare & distribute detailed Daily Construction Reports (DCRs).
- Host weekly subcontractor coordination meetings & provide detailed meeting minutes.
- Hold start-up meetings with subcontractors to review scope of work, schedule & safety requirements.
- Support logistics planning.
- Manage QA / QC program, including inspecting & approving the work product.
- Assist in the preparation of RFIs, providing recommended solutions for consideration.
- Seek opportunities to enhance project efficiency.
- Manage efficient & timely project close-out including punch list completion, as-built review, attic stock demobilization, etc.
- Maintain current OSHA required certifications (30-hour, CPR, scaffold, etc.
The Successful Applicant
- Previous experience overseeing multiple projects, preferably between 5-10
- Interest in interacting with Professional Service Groups (Accounting, Law firms, etc.)
- Easy going, self-motivated
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the Construction field - ideally 7-10 years
- Proficient in the entire Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel, Project)
- Proven track record of effectively and efficiently managing job sites
- Strong management ability
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary between $85,000-$110,000, depending on project experience and skills
- Project/Metric Based bonus structure (Average payout between $7,000-$12,000)
- 401(k) with 5% company match (3% Safe Harbor, 2% Profit Sharing)
- Company vehicle with Gas Card
- 100% coverage for Individual (Medical, Dental, Vision, ST & LT Disability). $2000/year Deductible
- Option for Family Coverage
- 20 PTO Days + 9 Paid Holidays + 3 Personal Days (Birthday etc.)