Detroit's "Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in 2018"
Competitive wages, fast-track career growth.
About Our Client
A Contractor who has been in operations for over 25 years, my client is well-known in the Michigan Market with an excellent reputation in the Construction Industry. Due to growth, they are currently seeking to appoint a Superintendent with immediate effect to take ownership of Supervising for the construction team.
The Superintendent position will play a key part in developing a structure to support the recruitment of future Superintendents.
- Metro Detroit based with ability to travel to out-of-state projects every few years.
- Actively manage and maintain safety on-site, such as toolbox talks, safety checklists, and continuous observation for safe work practices in compliance with all OSHA regulations and corporate Safety Manual
- On-site field supervision
- Direct, coordinate, and facilitate meetings for owners, subcontractors, architects, and local authorities
- Develop site logistics plans for entire project to maximize productivity and minimize impact to building occupants
- Run weekly subcontractor coordination meetings
- Secure municipal inspections as necessary during entire construction process and for final Certificate of Occupancy
- Develop and maintain on-site Subcontractor, Owner, and Municipal relations
- Oversee creation and completion of punchlist process
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum seven (7) years commercial/industrial construction experience
- College degree in related field is not required, but is a plus
- Must have multiple project experience in excess of $5 million
- Utilize current technology, tablet/iPad, and construction related applications - i.e., PlanGrid
- Maintain overall project schedule using Microsoft Project in coordination with Project Manager
- Develop and maintain weekly Three Week Look-Ahead schedules
- Document key or pertinent conversations and phone calls
- Maintain on-site document control including project binders, shop drawings, construction drawings, and any other relevant construction documentation
- Keep project drawings current; continuous review of drawings and details
- Manage the cost of all General Conditions items
- Ability to interpret subcontractor questions and compose correspondence (RFIs) to architects and engineers
- Manage submittals and RFI process in coordination with Project Manager
What's on Offer
This is an opportunity not to be missed if you are seeking to secure a Superintendent role.
Reporting directly into the President, the position is a high-profile role and will secure a competitive salary with benefits and a year-end bonus. Salary base ranging from 100,000-130,000 based on experience.
If you are interested in this position, please apply immediately with resume and project list.