Growing GC with local work and strong pipeline of projects
Great company culture with industry leading pay and benefits
About Our Client
Our client is a General Contractor based in Miami, looking for experienced Construction Superintendents. Team members are valued beyond the projects, which contributes to the strong company culture. Our client is currently seeking a motivated Superintendent to join their growing team who is looking to grow with the business.
DETAILED WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Schedule and coordinate all subcontractors and building activities.
- Monitor quality.
- Administer weekly job-site meetings.
- Take complete responsibility for overall project schedule.
- Produce daily field reports.
- Prepare safety reports and monitor safety compliance.
- Read or understand construction specifications and plans.
- Direct and coordinate activities of workers or trades.
- Inspect project operations to determine specification compliance.
- Read work order, instructions, formulas, or processing charts.
- Resolve or assist workers in resolving work problems.
- Establish work goals and motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Prepare reports.
The Successful Applicant
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Three to five years of progressively more responsible field engineering or construction project experience. Desirable work experience includes construction field management, contract management, QA/QC surveillance and or estimating. An Associate's degree in civil, mechanical, electrical, or construction engineering preferred, but not mandatory or equivalent combination of education or experience. If required by job responsibilities, incumbent must possess a valid driver's license.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering and construction drawings and specifications, common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and other documents. Communicates effectively in both oral and written English technical language and uses communication skills effectively in dealing with all team members.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ground-Up: 3 years (Preferred)
- Construction: 5 years (Preferred)
What's on Offer
The Construction Superintendent will receive:
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Truck allowance
- Cell phone and laptop
- Paid time off and sick days
- Excellent benefits - health, medical, vision, dental
- 401k plan available