Hot new market sectors
Excellent compensation package
About Our Client
Known for their ability to take on challenging jobs, this client is a go-to for clients that need excellent service throughout the construction process. Although they work in the healthcare, industrial, municipal, and education markets, this client is looking to expand heavily in the light industrial, big-box, and warehouse space, and are looking for a field leader to be a major part of this initiative.
- Thorough knowledge of contract documents required to properly plan construction sequencing, staffing and subcontractor coordination.
- Coordinate with Preconstruction Services during the preparation of estimates, buyout regarding methods, systems, schedule and general conditions.
- Delegate and monitor team members with various tasks at start and throughout all phases of project.
- Monitor the development of the project expediting log and update status weekly with project staff. Update project schedule procurement activities accordingly.
- Create and execute project preplanning activities with subcontractors to ensure coordinated efforts.
- Coordinate subcontractors, architects, inspectors and suppliers to resolve any problems with materials or methods.
- Inspect work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
- Document onsite activities in the daily report, including verbal directives, delays, progress photos, weather conditions and onsite manpower.
- Develop the detailed construction phase schedule for the project and update weekly to ensure critical path activities and milestones are being achieved. Develop recovery plans to mitigate any delays to the critical path of the project.
- Establish and maintain an effective and professional onsite working relationship with Owner, Architects, Consulting Engineers and other parties related to the project.
- Supervise and train employees.
- Enforce a safe work environment, practices and culture on the project.
- Assist in the planning and monitoring of the quality control program.
The Successful Applicant
- 5+ years of Superintendent experience in commercial construction
- Experience organizing a field team schedule
- Ability to communicate well between subcontractors and office leadership
- Strong customer service focus with clients
- Light industrial (cold storage, warehouse, big-box) experience preferred
What's on Offer
- Industry leading salary
- 401(k) package
- Car allowance
- Leadership opportunity
- Annual project based bonus
- Generous paid time off