NYC based Commercial General Contractor seeking great Superintendents
DOB Licensed preferred!
About Our Client
Our client is a full service, well known construction management firm and general contractor located in the Brooklyn, NY area. They specialize in both ground up, new construction projects as well as commercial interior renovations. This company is growing rapidly and is looking to add a strong superintendent to their team.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Oversee all daily field operations to ensure proper site safety, construction, progress, quality control, housekeeping, and daily log;
- Provide guidance, leadership and direct supervision of site staff, including assistant superintendents, laborers and other construction related personnel;
- Management of schedule, including weekly preparation of 2-week look ahead;
- Proactively schedule and coordinate all subcontractors to ensure completion of the project in accordance with the project schedule and to ensure that no additional costs are required for completion of work;
- Develop comprehensive understanding of project strategy and commitments including financial goals, scheduling, logistics, phasing, milestones, and inspections;
- Ensure assigned jobsite operations are in compliance with design/specifications, completion on schedule, within budget and to quality standards;
- Demonstrate and maintain effective and open dialogue with the project team regarding changes in work, job conditions, subcontractor relations and any deviation in the direction of the project;
- Work in partnership with project management to maintain an updated and accurate project schedule that reflects the changes in project status and that meets the cost and time requirements of the project;
- Run weekly meetings, including project and subcontractor meetings;
- Manage the RFI process; consisting of the creation of and suggestions on solutions to site issues and tracking them through close out;
- Exceed client expectations for each project by understanding client needs, wants, preferences and culture;
- Continuously promote positive subcontractor relations by dealing professionally and fairly with all subcontractors and vendors instilling this philosophy in project team;
- Maintain and review punch list process to ensure all are addressed and executed in a timely manner;
- Manage close out process and warranty responses with project manager.
The Successful Applicant
- At least five+ years of relevant experience as a Superintendent, preferably in ground-up, new construction projects
- DOB License highly preferred, but not required
- Must have a proven record of managing complex projects in occupied spaces
- Capable of managing/coordinating multiple quick turnaround projects simultaneously
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading commercial construction plans and specifications
- 10-Hour OSHA Construction Safety and Health Certification; 30-Hour OSHA preferred
- 4-Hour Supported Scaffold User Certification
What's on Offer
- Competitive Base Salary
- Bonus Structure
- Full Medical Benefits
- 401K Match
- Stable pipeline of projects for long term growth