- Excellent client relationships, 25+ year legacy
- $100k+ base salary with industry leading benefits
About Our Client
Our client is a developer/general contractor headquartered in Michigan with construction projects throughout the midwest and Metro Detroit. As a large, well-established company, their commitment to employee success is excellent. They are looking for a strong Construction Superintendent - Light Industrial to grow and develop with their resources and expertise.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The key responsiblities of the Construction Superintendent - Light Industrial are:
- Coordinate the work of all construction subtrades in conjunction with the main office.
- Arrange, monitor and be present for agency inspections.
- Read and comprehend information contained in architectural, civil, structural, mechanical, electrical and landscape drawings and specifications.
- Review shop drawings and other report prepared by testing and inspection agencies * Prepare and monitor RFI's.
- Prepare daily report forms, and progress photographs.
- Working knowledge familiarity with computer operating systems including Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel; and opening, preparing, scanning, printing, and sending PDF files and other documents.
- Actively engage design professionals, subcontractors, project managers and local officials, when needed, to problem solve, mitigate conflicts, and resolve disputes.
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly jobsite; and enforce jobsite safety standards.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Construction Superintendent - Light Industrial will have:
- 10+ years of Superintendent experience; preference given to Light Industrial or Multifamily projects
- Additional, relevant project experience will be considered
- Experience with projects ranging from $10-$35M
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction related field preferred
- Excellent Communication Skills
- OSHA Certified
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
What's on Offer
Construction Superintendent - Light Industrial
- Base salary of $100k-$130k with significant bonus potential
- Medical, Dental, and Eye insurance
- Laid out career path for advancement
- 3+ weeks of PTO
- Generous car allowance/ company truck
- 401(k) match up to 4%