- Strong pipeline of local work.
- Career development.
About Our Client
- Local GC to Rochester
- Strong pipeline of upcoming projects
- Projects include multifamily, educational, commercial, and mixed use
- Strong company culture with room for growth
- Supervise the timely and cost effective installation of the contracted work of either 1) the total project or, due to size, scale and complexity, 2) a particular scope(s), subcontractor(s), or other portion(s) of the project
- Provide on-the-job training opportunities for Superintendents, Assistant Superintendents and Project/Office Engineers. Encourages and/or participates in staff training and development
- Develop a plan for sequence of work. Develop project schedule. Plan and organize project work to assure all work is in place in accordance with contract documents
- Meet weekly and communicate daily with construction subcontractors to assess construction project progress, schedule, changes and deliveries
- Proactively identify design deficiencies, schedule concerns, and other construction project specific issues
- Attain a thorough and complete understanding of the Prime Contract, all subcontracts, the drawings, and specifications
- Enforce construction safety protocols to ensure job site consistently meets or exceeds OSHA safety standards
- Maintain appropriate documentation throughout the project including change order logs, RFI logs, and submittal lots
- Communicate daily with owners, tenant reps, construction managers, superintendents and project coordinators to ensure progress toward the completion of the construction project
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- 5+ year's experience in the construction industry with a commercial general contractor
- Experience as Superintendent on large Ground Up Commercial construction projects
- In depth knowledge of the construction process including scheduling, contract administration, equipment, manpower
- Experience with a large scale commercial contractor or equivalent industry experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to lead field operations
- In depth knowledge of the construction process including scheduling, contract administration, equipment, manpower, etc.
- Working knowledge of applicable regulations (i.e., OSHA)
- Proficiency with computer software used in the construction industry
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Career development
- Truck allowance