- Grow your career with one of the top GC's in Chicagoland area.
- Join an inclusive, highly motivated group of construction professionals.
About Our Client
They are an industry leader in providing comprehensive construction services by creating long-lasting partnerships with clients throughout the entire design and construction process. For 50 years, their willingness to take on any project, no matter how complex or challenging it may be, has led to years of building experience in: multi-family and senior living, healthcare, R&D laboratory mission critical, industrial and manufacturing, food & beverage, higher education and training centers, hospitality and retail, mission critical, recreational and religious, and corporate office and interiors. They have a national reach across a variety of industries.
- Lead the on-site team from construction start through project close
- Proactively identify and help remedy design deficiencies, schedule concerns, and other project-specific issues.
- Communicate and interpret contract scope to the entire site management team.
- Conduct pre-construction meetings with all subcontractors prior to beginning each phase of work.
- Create and maintain a project production schedule
- Review and assist in developing scopes of work for each subcontractor.
- Administer a Quality Control Plan.
- Review and approve all invoices and requisitions to ensure correct payment to vendor.
- Enforce safety protocols to ensure job site consistently adheres to OSHA safety standards.
- Supervise and evaluate assigned project personnel and maintain a positive work environment
- Communicate regularly with owners, construction managers, other superintendents, and project coordinators to ensure progress is achieved.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- 8+ years of experience as a Superintendent with a general contractor or developer or experience running your own business
- Experience working on million dollar projects
- Industrial or multifamily construction experience is preferred
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Architecture or a related field is plus but not required
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- The ability to work in a fast paced work environment
- Detail oriented
- OSHA 30hr Certified is required
- Good time management skills
What's on Offer
- Base salary of $90,000 - $130,000, depending on level of experience
- Performance based bonus potential
- Vehicle allowance
- Family oriented company
- Paid Maternity leave
- Paid Paternity leave
- Comprehensive benefits package to include: 401(k), Dental insurance, Employee assistance program, Health insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, Parental leave, Vision insurance
- Referral bonus
- Short term/Long term disability
- Great opportunity to join a reputable brand, and well established company within the growing Chicago market