- Growing PE Backed Manufacturer
- Clients include Disney, Apple and Google
About Our Client
Our client is a PE backed manufacturer with their Midwest headquarters located west of Chicago. They have grown throughout the pandemic and continue to increase their market share due to product launches and acquisitions. They have multiple sites throughout Illinois and a national reach serving a niche market with customers like Disney, Apple, Google and Amazon. They seek an experienced CI Engineer that will lead and implement all LEAN initiatives at their facility.
- Build out cross functional continuous improvement team
- Apply Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools and methodology in the implementation of manufacturing excellence initiatives.
- Manage a portfolio of lean projects directed at reducing waste and improving quality to provide greater value; implements such tools as: 5S, KPI, SMED, VSM, and Kaizen.
- Train and lead cross-functional continuous improvement teams; focusing on measurable quality, service and cost improvement.
- Implement a formal continuous improvement program that focuses on reducing process waste.
- Design and build robust processes for new products
- Lead cross functional DFM studies
- Train, coach and motivate personnel in the understanding and adoption of new principles and techniques.
- Drive the standardization of processes and the implementation of metrics and best practices.
- Assist in setting annual operational targets and help drive improvements to achieve those targets.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering or equivalent education
- Six Sigma Green Belt, preferred
- Demonstrated experience in Lean Techniques
- 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing operations
- Ability to use project management tools, MS Word, Excel, Project, Visio, Mini-tab in order to efficiently handle the workflow and transactions generated.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in Lean Six Sigma (LSS), 5S, KPI, SMED, VSM, and Kaizen
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary, up to $100,000
- Quarterly bonus, circa 5%
- 15 Days of PTO, 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision through Aetna
- LT & ST Disability plus other supplemental benefits
- 4% 401k Match
- Ability to grow out CI team