Continuous Improvement Manager
Excellent work/life balance
About Our Client
Our client, based in California, has been in business for over 10 years and serves the consumer goods market. They are a ground breaking e-commerce company with products serving both commercial and residential markets. Just under 3 years ago, they built their Midwest headquarters south of Chicago and have grown significantly during that time. They have been incredibly stable throughout COVID-19 and have been deemed an essential manufacturer by the state of Illinois. They currently seek a Continuous Improvement Manager for their Illinois facility.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Build Out cross functional continuous improvement team
- Apply Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools and methodology in the implementation of manufacturing excellence initiatives.
- Manage a portfolio of lean projects directed at reducing waste and improving quality to provide greater valve; implements such tools as: 5S, KPI, SMED, VSM, and Kaizen.
- Train and lead cross-functional continuous improvement teams; focusing on measurable quality, service and cost improvement.
- Implements a formal continuous improvement program that focuses on reducing process waste.
- Design and build robust scalable processes for new products
- Drives the standardization of processes and the implementation of metrics and best practices.
- Assist in setting annual operational targets and help drive improvements to achieve those targets
The Successful Applicant
- 5+ years of Manufacturing experience, strong preference for fast-paced experience
- 1 Year of experience leading/managing a team
- Demonstrated experience in Lean Techniques
- Ability to use project management tools, MS Word, Excel, Project, Visio, Mini-tab in order to efficiently handle the workflow and transactions generated.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary between $110,000- $115,000, depending on experience and skills
- Performance based bonus opportunity (Up to 10%)
- Unlimited/Flexible PTO
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Comprehensive benefits package