- Join an Innovative Manufacturing Company
- Join a Leader in Modern Manufacturing
About Our Client
My client is a leader in their market space and has grown significantly within the last couple of years because of this they are looking to bring on a Continuous Improvement Production Supervisor to help lead our manufacturing team.
- Supervises staff to produce manufactured products, and organizes and monitors work flow.
- Accomplishes manufacturing results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; and initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring and upgrading processes, setting processing variables, observing control points and equipment, monitoring personnel and resources, studying methods, implementing cost reductions, developing reporting procedures and systems, facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points, and initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel, accomplishing work results, establishing priorities, monitoring progress, revising schedules, resolving problems, and reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing production standards
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data, and answering questions and responding to requests.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control, and budgetary and personnel requirements, and implementing change.
- Researches and negotiates with vendors and suppliers to improve efficiency of processes and reduce unnecessary costs.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources, and maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintains working relationship with union members and representatives by following the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data, investigating issues, identifying solutions, and recommending action.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and content, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- BS in food science or related food
- 2-3 years relevant work experience in a continuous process environment or role
- Prior supervisory experience
- Time and process management
- Process improvement
- Quality control
What's on Offer
Competitive Compensation Medical Dental Vision 401K