Contract Billing Specialist
Remote working potential
About Our Client
This engineering and construction firm has over 40 years of experience providing high quality services to private, state and federal communities.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Processing client purchase orders, change orders, and monitoring project budget and billing limits.
- Corresponding by phone and email with clients concerning contract invoices and cash collection.
- Setting up new projects and maintaining project structure in accounting software.
- Assisting Project Managers with analysis of engineer's time charges to projects.
- Coordinating with engineering Project Managers and out of state branch offices.
- Preparing special project analysis for project managers and senior team.
- Extracting payroll and job cost data from electronic files for input to high value customer billings. Assisting with other accounting functions as needed that might include accounts payable and payroll.
- Maintaining a sense of urgency to accomplish monthly billing deadlines.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 4 yrs experience in one firm billing high-value professional service contracts required. (Alternate 4 yrs experience considered if: as a Para-Legal in a law firm, Para-Professional in a CPA firm, or as a Payroll Supervisor in a large commercial organization.)
- Proficiency with integrated employee time-capture and financial software required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools and demonstrated strong Microsoft Excel skill.
- Working knowledge of payroll and accounting principles.
- Requires self confidence and clarity of communication with senior management.
- Ability to read and interpret contract language that governs customer billing.
What's on Offer
- Generous salary
- Competitive benefits
- OT eligible
- Room for growth
- Paid company holidays