(Contract) Director of Social / Digital Strategy
Seeking an experienced applicant with social and digital strategy background
Nonprofit experience highly preferred
About Our Client
Nonprofit specializing in human and civil rights, with a legal arm located in downtown Manhattan.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Create the organization's digital strategies to boost the public education and awareness of our cases, clients, campaigns.
- Identify digital opportunities and map out the inputs needed to develop an effective digital strategy and tactics.
- Perform research, analyze data, and develop key insights and action plans based on campaign results and social media analytics.
- Work across departments to support other digital-related work, including Development's email and digital advertising programs.
- Provide consultation and oversight to other social handles not managed by the Communications Department.
- Work with all members of the Digital Division, assisting in developing work plans for each member and assessing their performance on a regular basis.
- Drive the adoption of processes and standards, supporting digital best practices and key digital metrics.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor Degree in Communications, Media, or similar
- 2-7 years of experience working in Social or Digital Strategy
- Managerial and/or Director experience required
- Must be able to commit to the assignment until November/December 2020
- Hours: 9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday
- Nonprofit, higher education, or for-profit experience highly recommended
- This role is remote to start and could transition to in-office
What's on Offer
*immediate social media/digital strategy opportunity*