Contract HR Director
Potential temp to perm
Opportunity to work for a food tech start-up
About Our Client
My client is a fast-growing, food-tech startup and the largest fresh-prepared-meal delivery service in the country. It's our mission to make eating healthy easy (for all kinds of people with all kinds of different needs) by delivering fresh, nutritious, fully cooked meals directly to customers. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. This is your chance at being part of history and future success.
* Lead the Human Resources team, overseeing training, payroll, safety, employee relations, worker's compensation, and all other initiatives related to the Human Resource function.
* Work with management to develop and implement HR plans and solutions in order to achieve strategic business initiatives and deliver results.
* Partner with business on organizational design, workforce planning, succession planning, and skills assessment.
* Review and analyze business unit data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, and employee experience.
* Provide direction, council, and coaching to build leadership capabilities to address and resolve employee issues.
* Support line managers and employees in addressing all types of employee relations issues ensuring a balance in representing all parties' interests.
* Implement/administer/interpret corporate policies/programs/procedures.
* Provide leadership in developing and implementing best-in-class employment practices.
* Partner with managers to retain, develop and motivate people to achieve their fullest potential.
* Provide ongoing support to the plant leadership team on human resources related matters, policies and procedures.
* Provide compensation support including salary planning, approval of salary actions, promotions and job re-leveling.
* Deploy a hands-on approach in effectively assessing the needs of the employees and driving efficient follow-up and reaction to those needs.
* Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment.
* Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement; demonstrated experience driving processes improvements and specific skills in Kaizen methodologies preferred.
* Be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to "roll up your sleeves".
* Maintain a strong internal and external customer service focus.
* Possess the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously - orientated on results.
* Have flexibility with regard to work hours in order to meet the needs of the employees and management team relative to accessibility, and visibility, across all shifts as needed.
The Successful Applicant
* A completed Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university.
* Experience in the development and administration of HR compensation plans.
* Experience with assessing talent and managing performance.
* Knowledge of employment laws.
* Resume that shows steady progression in HR leadership for the last 5+ years.
* Prior experience leading, coaching, and mentoring others.
* 7+ years' experience in a manufacturing/plant operations environment.
* Prior experience supporting hourly employee client groups (distribution, manufacturing, or call center environments).
Nice To Have
* Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem solving skills, critical thinking, and self-initiative.
* Commitment to "open door" and comfort with production floor presence and contact with all plant employees.
* Demonstrated ability to coach managers and supervisors to use company practices for maximum effectiveness.
* Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills; high quality document and report preparation.
* Excellent presentation skills and knowledge of employment laws such as ERISA, COBRA, ADA, and other federal and state laws covering discrimination and equal opportunity employment.
* Experience working in an entrepreneurial environment requiring strong multi-tasking abilities.
* Ability to have fun! The world is already filled with stuffy HR people. Dare to be different.
* Strong evidence of stretch assignments that are evidence of superior performance in previous roles.
* Previous involvement with plant start-up planning and hiring a large workforce.
What's on Offer
-Free meals in office and to your front door!
-Company sponsored yoga classes
-Healthy breakfast & snack options, weekly meal tastings
-Beers on tap, fresh coffee and bottomless seltzer
- Competitive Pay
- Health Benefits