Contract Specialist - SaaS - Boston/ REMOTE
2+ years' experience in contract management required
Work from home for the foreseeable future, then flexible working arrangements
About Our Client
My client is a Financial Services SaaS firm that supports global asset managers worldwide. They have operations across the global and the legal team, where this role sits, is 10 strong. They are almost 30 years old as a business and have ambitious growth plans moving forward.
The Boston team currently comprises of two attorneys and, when this position is filled, two contracts professionals and one compliance/governance manager.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Reporting into the Associate General Counsel in Boston, the Contract Administrator's main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Content is focused on: licensing agreements (55%), vendor contracts (35%) and ad hoc special projects (10%).
- Report directly to and supporting a team of attorneys.
- Be the front line of the legal team interacting with the global sales team, customer success managers and clients regarding their contracts.
- Review vendor agreements, NDAs and other ancillary contracts.
- Take lead on and operate contract processing systems and legal team projects.
- Provide training and direction to internal teams related to contracts and commercial process matters.
- Facilitate the preparation, delivery, negotiation, and processing of client and vendor contracts and ancillary documentation.
- Manage the pending requests coming into the legal team.
- Participate in contract negotiations with prospective clients.
- Analyze, interpret and communicate contract terms both internally and externally.
- Maintain and update contract templates.
- Partner with other internal teams to manage client-related data in internal systems.
Please note that this isn't an Attorney, or "progression to" Attorney opportunity. Whilst career progression is available within the Contract Administrator > Contract Manager > Senior Contract Manager space, an Attorney career track is not.
Submit your resume today and it will be considered within 48 hours.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years' experience in contract management or administration in a corporate legal department.
- Experience working on SaaS based monthly subscription contracts & Annual SaaS Based Contracts.
- Experience negotiating client contract terms & new features with Internal Sales Executives & Sales Directors.
- Self-starter, strong organizational skills, professional discretion, follow through, and ability to multi-task a must.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and end of quarter activity.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail.
What's on Offer
- $ 100,000 to $110,000 base salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Competitive health benefits
- Competitive PTO
- Generous 401K plan, including company match
- Working from home initially, then flexible work in Boston, MA (currently allotted from mid-2021 onward).