- Opportunity to run the accounting and finance with a construction firm
- Competitive base salary, benefits, WFH capabilities
About Our Client
General contractor that has been around for over 50 years, growing every single year, with 2021 being their best year yet. They are new to the Chicagoland market but already have a strong pipeline of work ahead and need someone to keep track of the financials. They specialize in general construction, roofing, demolition, and abatement. They are a boutique firm that prides themselves on quality product, and in turn they look for quality people.
- Flexible work/life balance
- Great benefits, phenomenal culture
- Construct Payment Applications
- Interact directly with project managers, estimators, and other staff
- Handles bi-monthly timesheet processing
- Establish, modify, document, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Collects and reviews project subcontractor/supplier lien waivers.
- Collects, reviews, and processes subcontractor/supplier monthly project invoices. Needs to ensure all invoices have been accrued properly and timely to the correct cost reports and phase codes.
- Ensures proper payments to all subcontractors and major suppliers.
- Individual ensures timely submittal of project P&Ls and reviews the P&Ls for accuracy.
- Provides monthly assistance to Project Management staff in the preparation of monthly billings to project owners.
- Collects, reviews and submits monthly owner billings for processing.
- Monitors cash flow and communicate with the project staffs on tracking A/R and when the projects are paid.
- Assist and take charge of construction progress billings for material and installation jobs from beginning to end, including issuing lien waivers, communicating with installers, project managers, and customers.
- Assist with ongoing change orders for jobs and updating Excel spreadsheets as the accounting record for auditing purposes.
- Backup for the A/P coordinator processing Accounts Payable invoices
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations for prepaid and accrual accounts
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- 10+ years of experience in accounting - CPA PREFERRED
- Experience at a general contractor preferred
- WIP experience
- GAP accounting experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knows how to properly and efficiently process billings, subcontractor payable, waivers and AIA documents
- Has general ledger experience
- Is organized, detail-oriented, and analytical
- Has the ability to work independently and has strong multi-tasking skills
- is proficient in Excel, Word, construction specific accounting software, and Viewpoint
- Works well in team environment
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary with bonus structure
- Free Health care for all dependents
- PTO + additional sick days
- Paid maternity leave
- 401k with generous company match
- Highly visible role with the opportunity to put your stamp on the role
- Top tier benefits that start Day 1
- Ability to work hybrid - 2 days a week from home