- Growing company through organic expansion and acquisition
- Remote working opportunities (2-3 days from home)
About Our Client
I'm exclusively partnered with the CFO at a multi-million dollar, food manufacturer with their corporate headquarters in Oak Brook. Their products are sold in Costco, Target, Whole Foods, and more! This company is rapidly growing through key strategic business decisions, and due to this immense growth, they are now looking to bring on a Controller.
- Lead and manage the accounting department while providing financial information about company activities that will support stakeholder decisions.
- Own the close process to ensure accurate and timely reporting of financial statements including accounting estimates, account reconciliations and other review activities.
- Lead the annual external audit process and corresponding follow-ups.
- Collaborate with the CFO on business risks, process improvement and business performance.
- Lead the standard cost process and provide insight to VP of Operations around variances to standard
- Work with Financial Planning and Analysis to develop insights into operating performance, bank reporting and board meeting materials.
- Support special projects as directed by Chief Financial Officer.
- Ability to understand ERP system transaction and corresponding financial implications.
- Where appropriate provides guidance and structure to accounting policies and overall control environment
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field
- 7-20 years of experience
- CPA and/or MBA preferred
- Strong knowledge and application of GAAP required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Customer service orientation with exceptional degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong leadership skills
What's on Offer
- Base salary- $140,000- $170,000
- Bonus potential of up to 25% annually
- Hybrid working environment (2-3 day per week at home!)
- Highly visible role, reports directly to the CFO
- Well-known products
- Fast growing company, organically and through acquisitions
- Growing and stable company