- Global Leading Automotive Supplier
- Highly visible global role, Hybrid office and home based
About Our Client
Our client for the Controller opportunity is a global leading automotive supplier. This company has a strong history and track record and continues to be a market leader in the ever-changing automotive industry. With a committed effort to R&D and innovation they continue to be a market leader paving the way in the new automotive connected and electrified era.As the Controller, this position will be responsible for the preparation and filing of all external financial reporting documents and related SEC filings and US GAAP Technical Accounting guidance for the Group. This person will also be responsible for providing leadership through the execution and enhanced improvements associated with the preparation and review of the consolidated financial statements for closings. In addition, this person will also be responsible for overseeing the monthly accounting close, financial consolidation and reporting, and SOX compliance and internal controls. This person can work hybrid - office and home based but must be located in the Greater Detroit Metro area. Relocation is required if not currently in the Detroit Metro area.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Participate in the coordination and preparation of quarterly reports (10-Q), annual reports (10-K) and current reports (8-K) and review of other SEC periodic non-financial reports.
- Work with various personnel and departments and the Disclosure Committee to collect information and input into the above referenced reports; coordinate, review and collect comments on the various drafts; prepare support files; challenge the appropriateness of disclosures; complete all relevant disclosure checklists and reporting questionnaires.
- Oversee financial closings and consolidations of actual results covering the P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow
- Support the general ledger, consolidation, management reporting, and other "record to report" activities
- Oversee the management and control of the financial systems for monthly closings, estimates, and budgets
- Coordinate and collaborate with human resource and legal functions on equity-based transactions and ensure the integrity of the data maintained in the equity tracking tool.
- Drive the company's defined benefit pension accounting in collaboration with human resources and external actuaries
- Assist with month-end close and financial statement review and support Audit Committee engagement as needed.
- Coordinate reviews and audits with external auditors and accounting and supporting review/audit prep processes.
- Monitor the development and applicability of emerging accounting and reporting rules being deliberated by the SEC, FASB, PCAOB, IASB or other governing agencies or regulators.
- Maintain reporting timetable and monitor progress against reporting cycle milestones.
- Identify opportunities for automation and efficient processes around SEC reporting and accounting for equity-based transactions.
- Responsible for technical accounting research, documentation, and implementation of related impacts.
- Oversee the planning and execution of the company's SOX program
- Review and, where necessary, assist with the disclosures for the separate subsidiary year-end financial statements.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, MBA high preferred
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant) required
- Minimum of 7-10 years of professional experience showing progression
- Minimum 3 years of experience with SEC reporting
- Previous experience working in a b2b manufacturing company, automotive highly preferred
- Prior experience working in a multinational company with multinational stakeholders
- Strong technical accounting research skills
- Comprehensive understanding of GAAP and financial reporting principles
- Experience with HFM and Workiva preferred
- Ability to act as an advisor on professional and technical issues with a view toward reaching strategic decisions
- Excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task with limited supervision
- Proven ability to thrive under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and staff
- Prior experience designing, implementing, and documenting policies and procedures in a SOX environment
- Business minded and strong team player mentality
- Strong communication skills written and verbal in English
- Strong work ethic and high attention to detail with a passion to win and positively influence a company culture
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary, bonus, full benefits, life insurance, Flex Spending Account (FSA), Health Savings Account (HSA) 401K, unlimited vacation, holidays. Being a part of a growing and innovative company with high visibility to the executive leadership team.