- Opportunity to own the Accounting process in the US
- Competitive Base Salary
About Our Client
Our client is a small Manufacturing company looking for a Controller to join the team to take over all accounting operations in the US. The company has been around for 80+ years and just opened an office in the US 5 years ago. This position will report directly into the President of the company and is based out of Wilmington.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Controller will be responsible for the following:
- Support and deputise for the President in the management of the business on a day-to-day basis
- Own relationship with Banks, Insurers, IT, HR, third party payroll company and Property
- Manage bi-weekly payroll processing
- Support Commercial decision making - pricing etc
- Full accounting responsibility for the company - Low volume but High value.
- Production of full monthly accounting pack to Group timetable.
- Work with Executive team in preparation of annual operating budget and forecasts.
- Challenge costs and programs and provide input on increasing profitability
- Create audit worthy month end close financial records
- Establish and reinforce internal control systems
- Work closely with tax advisors to ensure proper management of SALT & all other State and Federal taxes
- Work closely with tax advisors and group auditors to ensure year end procedures are completed on time
- Undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required by the President and the Group Board
The Successful Applicant
The successful Controller should have the following skill sets and qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, Finance or Business Related Degree
- 5 + years of Accounting experience in industry is preferred but not essential
- Knowledge and an understanding of working in a Sales and Marketing environment is preferable.
- Experience working with different accounting systems
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Can demonstrate successful delivery of projects
- Ability to manage staff and influence within a small but growing team
- Potential to travel within North America and to UK as and when required
What's on Offer
The Controller - Manufacturing will be rewarded with the following:
- Base salary of $100,000-$120,000
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 4 Weeks PTO
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Added perks