Privately Held - Company - Leadership Role
Medical Device Industry
About Our Client
Controller: Our client is a privately held medical device firm who support the ever expanding industry. Recession proof (people unfortunately always get sick) the company is looking to develop a CFO from this Controller position as the current CFO prepares to do other things for the group. The position is a key contributor to the leadership group and help manage a team of 3. They are an outstanding organization with a great reputation in the market, and a great end product.
- Supervise and participate in the preparation of various financial statements and reports.
- Direct the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, cost, and operating expenses and insurance records.
- Prepare statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenues.
- Develop best practices to ensure the sound running of the department
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Direct the installation and maintenance of accounting records to show receipts and expenditures.
- Assist in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities and procedures relating to financial management, budget, and accounting.
- Develop procedures to improve existing systems.
- Direct internal audits involving review of accounting and administrative controls.
- Coordinate preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting.
- Develop, analyze and interpret statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization.
- Establish major economic objectives and policies for the company and prepare reports that outline the company's financial position in the areas of income, expenses and earnings based on past, present and future operations.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts, institute and maintain other planning and control procedures, including the cost accounting system, and analyze and report variances.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum of 10 years progressive experience in various accounting roles with strong change management
- Previous experience in developing a clear plan for the team
- Experience in working with internal teams to develop department budgets
- Previously served as a member of a management team
- Hands on positive can do attitude
- Effective management of the month-end close process resulting in accurate and timely reporting of results
- Ability to prepare detailed monthly Management Financial Reporting package with commentary and analysis
- Plan and lead physical inventories with experience in implementing cycle counting programs a plus
What's on Offer
This position has an excellent package and will be included on the Senior Leadership Bonus plan. The position offers a base salary of $110,000 - $130,000 + Bonus.