Successful Financial Services company
No ceiling limit on progression and growth
About Our Client
This financial services firm is on of Michael Page's top clients in the Philadelphia area and is currently going through a rapid growth period which has created a need for a new Controller to join the business.
The Controller's responsibilities:
- Coordinate and direct the financial planning, budgeting, procurement, or investment activities of organization.
- Develop internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as budget administration, cash and credit management, and accounting.
- Prepare or direct preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, or reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
- Analyze the financial details of past, present, and expected operations to identify development opportunities and areas where improvement is needed.
- Advise management on short-term and long-term financial objectives, policies, and actions.
- Monitor financial activities and details, such as cash flow and reserve levels, to ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements are met.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Controller will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required. CPA or MBA preferred.
- 7 - 10 years relevant work experience including strong leadership, communication, and team building skills.
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally as well as through multiple forms of media.
- Proficient in Microsoft products, database software and other applicable accounting and financial software and systems.
- Knowledge of SAP preferred
What's on Offer
The opportunity to join a highly successful and rapidly growing financial services firm with no limit on the progression and growth the right candidate can face.