Exciting Growth Opportunity
Building out US Business
About Our Client
Growing organization that partners with the Defense industry to perform a crucial role in making our world a safer place to live.
- Responsible for month end closing process for the group and preparation of consolidated group and US entity financial statements for CEO and Board review, and external group auditors.
- Responsible for the year-end reporting processes and closing of all books in the group.
- Responsible for Group audit co-ordination.
- Ensure all preparation of audit work papers for year-end audits by external group auditors.
- Responsible for the yearly reporting calendar with instructions to all subsidiaries.
- Preparation of material for Board meetings in discussion with the CEO/CFO.
- Ensures that accounting procedures, processes and systems are in place for group reporting.
- Ownership of the accounting model to support the group's activities and reporting requirements.
- Ownership of transfer pricing documentation, agreements for internal pricing between the subsidiaries and updates as required in co-operation with auditors/ tax advisors.
- Responsible for treasury matters including bank liaison, hedging of currencies, transfers between subsidiary bank accounts, cash flow management of the group.
- Responsible for the annual budget process for the Company and interim forecasting.
- Responsibility for executing company governance and compliance policies.
- Ensure compliance with legal policies.
- Point of contact with auditors, external advisors.
- Supervision of accounts payable process and accounts receivable billing process
- Ensure a customer clearance procedure is in place and followed.
- Responsibility for tax compliance as needed for various state/federal reporting.
- Other corporate accounting duties as required.
The Successful Applicant
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance required, CPA or CMA preferred.
- 8+ years' experience with significant accounting responsibilities.
- Public accounting experience in auditing or tax a plus.
- Previous accounting experience including group accounting and consolidation.
- Knowledge of US and International rules and regulations (IFRS)
- Experience of working in an international Company is preferable.
- Able to travel internationally.
- Ability to meet hard deadlines
- In-depth knowledge of corporate finance principles
- Experience utilizing accounting and finance software
- Understanding of confidentiality laws
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work independently
- Demonstrates a "can-do" positive attitude with strong social skills.
- Previous supervisory or managerial role is preferable.
- Solid organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent communication skills-verbal and written
- Excellent skills in MS Office
What's on Offer
- Extremely Competitve Base Salary
- Healthcare Benefits, 401k, etc.
- International Exposure
- Strong Culture