Join a rapdly-growing manufacturing firm with high growth potential
Opportunity to build-out and manage financial controls
About Our Client
This company is a well-established and respected family-owned business that has been operating in the Chicagoland area for a number of years. They have recently seen significant growth over the past 5 years, and are a market leader in their specialized space. If you are looking to join a rapidly growing firm that values culture and work/life balance, this opportunity might be for you!
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Responsible for budget and forecast development, monitoring, reporting and assisting departments in meeting budgeted spend levels to ensure site cost efficiency.
- Responsible for all monthly and quarter end closing activities including journal entries, balance sheet and income statement variance analysis and reporting, compliance reporting and account reconciliation review.
- Proactively investigate and act on variances to budget, forecast and prior periods.
- Serve as lead for developing, implementing, and maintaining internal controls to increase efficiency.
- Assist management in planning labor and assets for budgets, forecasts and actual operations.
- Work closely with the Warehouse and Supply Chain Departments to monitor cycle count performance, reducing excess and obsolete inventory and identification of related root causes.
- Establish departmental controls and create SOP
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree focused in Accounting/Finance
- 3+ years' as Accounting Manager/Controller in manufacturing company
- CPA strongly preferred
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience in public accounting firm
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary of $120-140k, with generous benefit package:
- bonus potential
- flexible PTO
- 401K match
- Full coverage of Medical/Dental/Vision